Le 22-sept.-05, à 06:27, Marc Geddes a écrit :

What I'd like is a *logical scaffolding* - a *finite* system which is *universal* in scope - or at least applying everywhere in reality where sentient minds can exist and which explains the relationship between Mind and Reality.    That for me is a TOE.  I don't require that the theory literally explains everything.

I agree and I agree with your other statement according to which a TOE must explain the relation between mind and reality (what most physicalist put under the rug). But if there are features of reality not explained by the TOE, we still can expect that the TOE will be able to justify---or "meta-justify"--- why it cannot explain those features.