Le 22-sept.-05, à 18:12, John M a écrit :

Bruno:

according to your (and Marc's?) definition,
is Hal's work a "TOEandTON"?

The problem, for me, is with the "T" (both in TOE and TON).
I cannot judge. Hal's talk is still too much vague for me.
I appreciate and perhaps share soime intuitions, though.I certainly appreciate the role of logical incompleteness.

Or would you include Nothing into the relations of
Mind (again: wat is it really?) and reality (same
question really!)?
(I mean: defined in less than 1000 words <G>)

Let me try.
There are many notion of nothingness. Now remember that if comp is assumed, the whole of physics emerges from machine's dreams (computation from personal point of views), or, just from the mathematical relations among numbers (cf computer science can be embedded in arithmetical truth: this includes discourse bearing on vaster domains than arithmetic). So there is no more *primitive* physical nothingness than *primitive* physical plenitude. So yes, I would include "Nothing" into the relations of mind and reality. Note that both mind and reality are mathematical. Physical reality is just an *observable* part of mathematical reality, and it appears as the intrinsic-al border of the mindscape (where mind can be defined (assuming comp) by all what machine can prove and guess about themselves.

Bruno

John M