On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 12:26:45PM -0400, Hal Ruhl wrote:
> For each natural number n there should be countably infinite [is, is
> not] pairs of descriptions of lengths [n, countably infinite].  There
> are countably infinite n's.  There are also countably infinite [is,
> is not] pairs of descriptions of lengths [countably infinite,
> countably infinite].

I don't think this is right, but I could be grasping the wrong end of
the stick. I think of your definition division as the division of an infinite
length symbol string into a finite head, and a countably infinite long
tail. If true, then there are A^n heads of length n, and
c (=A^\aleph_0) tails.

Therefore, there are c pairs of descriptions.

may safely ignore this attachment.