Local theory: A theory of how a particular universe can work.

In my case my local theory of our universe is well below a completed endeavor since all I have at the moment is a formulary that appears to provide the known particles, forces, and appears consistent with special and general relativity from one not necessarily universal or even large minority point of view.

It is IMO a good idea for the list to be aware of the categories and range of proposed local theories in order to temper the formulation of global theories.

I do not believe this list should extensively comment on proposed novel local theories but should mainly stick to its goals as commented on by Russell and Jesse. There is after all an archive.

Hal Ruhl