Temporal recurrance requires a finite set of states, or an upper bound
on the information contained with observer moments. In the sorts of
plenitudes considered here, there is no such upper bound - OMs can
contain aribitrarily large amounts of information.

If we we really did live in Jorge's library of Babel (which is
finite), then indeed temporal recurrence will be a feature. However,
if that were the case, we'd have an inexplicable number (the number of
books in the library).

Cheers

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:45:25PM +0100, Riou Teva wrote:
> Bruno Marchal a ?crit :
>

> >>Yes, I mean looking the same event (a finished ensemble of instants)
> >>forever from the first person perspective. Nevertheless I think the
> >>probability, that a possible event happens, increase with the course
> >>of time.  On an infinite time (a point of view of an immortal
> >>person), could this possibility become a necessity?
> >
> >I guess so.
>
> So if every possibility can be regards as a necessity, every possibility
> will be come true sooner or later even from an first person perspective,
> won't it? Then we can't consider this eternal return of a same event
> since others possibilities have to be realized... but the quantum theory
> of immortality allows that a same event can recur even on an infinite
> lenght of time, is it a paradox?

may safely ignore this attachment.