DAMN! Russell replied before me!!

I was going to say - George you're a bloody genius. Stand up and take a bow. Wait till I tell his Reverend the Archbishop of thingummy this!

He won't believe it I'll bet

"Onward!" as Stephen goes

Kim

On 23/11/2005, at 8:37 AM, Russell Standish wrote:

Nice one George!

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:46:47AM -0800, George Levy wrote:
Kim Jones wrote:

can God in her omniscient, omnipotent wisdom create a rock that is so
heavy even God herself cannot lift it? ;-)

Kim Jones

Along these lines I found a way to resolve the theist and the atheist
viewpoints: It is simply to assert that god is so big and powerful
(omniscient and omnipotent) that he is the creator of a world capable of creating itself. Hence his role in creation is nil even though he is the creator. This approach allows the scientific process to continue as if
there were no god. Evolution is OK. The big bang is OK.  It also
satisfies the theists because it raises god to such unimaginable level of power that he is able create this way: by doing nothing. This god is surely bigger than any "hands-on-creation" god that classical religions
have come up with. ;-)

George

may safely ignore this attachment.

Australia http:// parallel.hpc.unsw.edu.au/rks