Stathis Papaioannou writes:
If on the basis of a coin toss the world splits, and in one branch I am instantaneously killed while in the other I continue living, there are several possible ways this might be interpreted from the 1st person viewpoint:

(a) Pr(I live) = Pr(I die) = 0.5

(b) Pr(I live) = 1, Pr(I die) = 0

(c) Pr(I live) = 0, Pr(I die) = 1

Even on this list, there are people who might say (a) above is the case rather than (b) or (c).

Bruno Marchal replies:
Are you sure?

I was thinking of people who accept some ensemble theory such as MWI, but don't believe in QTI. I must admit, I find it difficult to understand how even a dualist might justify (a) as being correct. Would anyone care to help?

Stathis

Start something musical - 15 free ninemsn Music downloads! http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=667&referral=HotmailTaglineNov&URL=http://www.ninemsn.com.au/startsomething