Saibal wrote:
> The answer must be a) because (and here I disagree with
> Jesse), all that exists is an ensemble of isolated observer
> moments. The future, the past, alternative histories, etc.
> they all exist in a symmetrical way. It don't see how some
> states can be more ''real'' than other states. Of course, the
> universe we experience seems to be real to us while
> alternative universes, or past or future states of this
> universe are not being experienced by us.
>

> So, you must think of yourself at any time as being  randomly
> sampled from the set of all possible observer moments.

<delurk>

I'm not sure how this works. Suppose I consider my state now at time <N> as
a random sample of all observer moments. Now, after having typed this
sentence, I consider my state at time <N + 4 seconds>. Is this also a random
sample on all observer moments?  I can do the same at now <N+10>, and so-on.
It seems very unlikely that 3 random samples would coincide so closely. So
in what sense are these states randomly sampled?

Jonathan Colvin