From the third person perspective, the annihilation of the 10^100 copies
could be seen as 10^100 dead ends. (In fact, when I originally proposed this experiment, Hal Finney thought it represented the ultimate in mass murder.) If I were one of the 10^100, however, I wouldn't be worried in the slightest about the prospect of dying, because as long as at least one copy survives, this guarantees that I survive. This may go again intuition, but if you give up the notion of an immaterial soul, there is no reason why there should be a one to one relationship between earlier and later versions of a person.

Stathis Papaioannou