George,

The average human IS crazy according to comp. The smiley at the end of your sentence is unwarranted! This is a fairly undeniable ramification of what Bruno is telling us. If we *are* machines, why do we go about the place denying it? Those who have understood that computation precedes the laws of physics are the only ones who are sane (but of course I cannot prove that, being a consistent machine!)

In my view this is where ART has a role in what we are discussing here. Perhaps artists (composers, painters, poets etc.) are the ones who know intuitively that we are all mad (because we don't know what we are) and who then exploit our insanity in a creative manner to remind us of this unconsciously.

As Salvador Dali once said "The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad".

But he could not prove that either.

cheers,

Kim Jones