Le 30-déc.-05, à 07:08, rmiller a écrit :

Godel was discussing sharply defined mathematical constructs, specifically, proof of N requires knowledge of non-N. As I'm sure you know, sanity is a *legal*, rather than a mathematical term. While this sort of logical fuzziness is probably in keeping with these times, I doubt if it really applies to Godel's theorem.

It does not apply to Godel's theorem, but Godel's theorem applies to machines' discourse (certainly the lobian one) and if we are such machines we are invited to find plausible correspondences.

I go now because the heat system is not working in my office. I will answer John and Kim next year ;)

Happy New Year,