To: <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:17 AM
Subject: RE Lobian Machine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

So apparently those who do not scale the dizzying heights of
metamathematics have no hope of understanding reality?

I never said that, but you simply can't take a theorem about a specific area, that is true within a context and take it out from that context to try to use it "in reality", to
"give" social explanations. That's what pseudoscience do.

I will say that without mathematical (not methamatematical) knowledge, one cannot aspire
to understand reality (in the terms a physic understand it).

There will come a time very soon when all of this comp stuff will
need to be translated into terms the LAYman can understand easily.
Russell Standish has already made the attempt. I appreciate gratly
his attempt. Stop wanking off that mathematics is the ONLY script in
which reality is encoded. It could well turn out to be music.

You are thinking it the other way around - the incorrect one. Music is a small, small part of physics, and therefore, it's represented by a (quite simple) mathematical model. Reality is more complex than that model, and other aspects of reality can be modelled by math different from the one used in the music model, so the reality can't turn out to be
music in that sense.

Well, I'm speaking about the mechanical phenomena of music, that are simple, not about the way our brains interpret it, that can be quite complex and enjoyable (that's why we say
it's an art).

Jose