From: "Johnathan Corgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Marc Geddes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: Technical paper on 3-dimensional time

Marc Geddes wrote:
> This is very recent (late 2005):

> http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0510010

I've read this and the author's prior two papers on multi-dimensional time.

It appears that his mathematical formulation is able describe a variety of
quantum-mechanical properties by adding one or more additional time
dimensions to the classical derivations of motion, momentum, energy, etc. As
a result he ends up with a 3-space, 3-time dimension theory that is simple
and elegant. (The additional two time dimensions are closed loops on the
scale of the Plank length.)

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough on the subject to pick out any logical
errors.  However, the papers are somewhat disorganized so it's hard to see
what assumptions are being made or what contradictions with established
theories or experiment there might be.  This also may be a language issue as
it's clear English is not the author's native tongue.

But--the papers do not make any testable predictions that I can see, which
is a big red flag.

In addition, the author is a "wave function collapse" kind of guy. I'm
curious how his derivation would hold up from the MWI perspective.

-Johnathan