From: "Brent Meeker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: belief, faith, truth

Even within the context that Pascal intended it is fallacious.  If you worship the God of Abraham and there is no god, you have given up freedom of thought, you have given up responsibility for your own morals and ethics, you have denied yourself some pleasures of the mind as well as pleasures of the flesh.

It's a bad bargain.

Brent Meeker

“The Christian religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration- courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth.” --- H. L. Mencken