Bruno and list:

We are so sure about our infinite capabilities to
"understand" the entirety (wholeness) and follow all
existence (whatever you may call it) by our human mind
and logic...
I like to leave a 'slot' open (maybe WE are in the
restricted slot?) which is not accessible by our
idideationaleans.

Reality - whatever it may be identified by - is not a
human artifact. As this list agreed (at least I did)
it is better to talk about a '(1st person?) perception
of reality' i.e. of the part we can muster and in ways
we can handle. It may include the 'Subject' concepts.

Humbly yours

John Mikes

:

> > BrunMarchalal wrote:
> >> Le 2janvnv.-06, � 20:02, Brent
Meeke�crit��crit :
> difference in
> refers to "believe in".
> theory.
> >> All right, you use "believe in" (quote included!)
> for the "religious
> >> belief of the fundamentalist".
> >> Still I hope you agree that the scientist
> believes in its theory, if
> >> only to be able to acknowledge his theory is
> wrong when experiments
> >> refute it.
> >> Cf Belief = B Bpth (Bp -> p) NOT being a theorem!
> foundation of all further
> "believe" any theory, except
> likely, or worth
> >> OK, but this is independent of the fact that,
> still, the scientist
> >> can "believe in" (in the scientist modest way of
> self-interrogation)
> >> in the *object* of his theory. Most naturalist
> "believe in" a
> >> physical universe, or a nature or whatever.
> >> We wouldn't discuss about a "theory of
> everything" if we were not
> >> believing in ... something.
> scientific
> but even more in the
> >> I think everyone has religious faith.
> >
> > Do you believe that on faith ;-)  Certainly
> everyone takes for granted
> > things on very slim evidence ("I heard it in the
> hall way").  But I
> > don't think they have "religious faith" which
> implies not just lack of
> > evidence, but a determination to believe in spite
> of contrary evidence
certainityainity that any contrary evidence must be

http> hiridiaiulbia.ulb.amarchalarchal/