The easy answer for you, John, is that given an infinite afterlife, an intelligent being would probably experience everything that it is possible to experience.  Heck, eventually I'd probably even get around to checking out what life as John M was all about.

Danny Mayes

John M wrote:
Norman:

just imagine a fraction of the infinite afterlife:
to sing the pius chants for just 30,000 years by
'people' in heaven with Alzheimers, arthritis, in pain
and senility?
Or would you choose an earlier phase of terrestrial
life for the introduction in heaven: let us say: the
fetal age? or school-years with the mentality of a
teenager? Would you love spouse No 1,2,or 3? Would you
forget about the biggest blunder you did and regretted
all your life?
Or would you prefer the eternal brimstone-burning
(what a waste in energy) without a painkiller?

I did not ask about your math, how many are involved
over the millennia? I asked a Muslim lately, what the
huris are and what the female inhabitants of heaven
get?

An agnostic has to define what he does 'not' know,
hasn't he?
Just as an atheist requires a god 'not' to believe in.
We are SOOO smart!

Have a good day

John M

--- Norman Samish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm agnostic, yet it strikes me that even if there
is no God, those that decide to have faith, and have
the ability to have faith, in a benign God have
gained quite a bit.  They have faith in an
afterlife, in ultimate justice, in the triumph of
good over evil, etc.  Without this faith, life for
many would be intolerable.

If there is no God, there is no afterlife and they
get a zero.  If there is a God, there is an after
life and they get infinity.  So how can they lose?
Maybe Pascal's Wager deserves more consideration.

Norman Samish