Hi Norman,

Le Jeudi 2 Février 2006 07:14, Norman Samish a écrit :
>   (NS) I don't deny that a future AI might be able to accurately replicate
> my brain and thought patterns.  I can't imagine why it would want to.  But
> even if it did,
> this would not be "me" returning from the dead - it would
> be a simulation by a AI.

What is "you" then ? How do you define it ? Like I said in an earlier mail,
"me" seems to be an instantaneous and emerging concept... The Norman in the
simulation would say he is "him"... Talking about indexical reference when
talking about future/past/copied self has no meaning... Or please define what
is "you".

Quentin Anciaux