On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:34:22PM +0100, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

> To the list,
>
> I don't understand how some of you accept the term "we are machine" and not
> "we are digitalisable at some level and hence emulable at that level", could
> someone enlight me on this apparent contradiction ?
>
> Quentin

Machine means more than Turing machine. For example, I would count a
Geiger counter connected to a radioactive source as a machine, yet no
Turing machine can reproduce its pattern of clicks.

"We are machine" simply means to me that there is no immaterial soul
breathing life into our bodies - we are ultimately 100% material.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.