On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 08:17:05PM +0100, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we (as observer) perceive at any given time a finite amount of information...
> so what you could know (still as an observer of a system) is finite, hence
> digitalisable at the level of information that you could know about the
> object, so I don't see why a radioactive source and the click pattern on a
> geiger counter cannot be simulated... You could object randomness, but
> generating (and executing) all program by the UD will generate all "random"
> string as well.
>
> Regards,
> Quentin

A UD can generate the set of all random strings, but it still needs to
select a single string to be equivalent to a Geiger counter. AFAIK,
this is impossible for a Turing machine, but rather trivial from a
real, physical machine. I can do it on my computer, for example,
showing it to be capable of more than a Turing machine.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.