The original source is the paper by M. H. Loeb (also written Lob or Löb)

LÖB M. H., 1955, Solution of a Problem of Leon Henkin, Journal of
Symbolic Logic, 20, pp. 115-118.

A good introductory book is:

SMULLYAN R., 1987, Forever Undecided, Alfred A. Knopf, New York.

Good textbooks on Mathematical Logic usually prove the theorem of Lob,
like:

MENDELSON E., 1987, Introduction to Mathematical Logic, 3ème édition,
Wadsworth & brooks/Cole.

See also my Sane paper for more reference and an introduction to lobian
machines/theories/entities:

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHAL.htm

Bruno