Russell Standish wrote:
> It seems to me that holographic principles are really stating that the
> state of some region of the universe is completely determined by the
> boundary conditions, as would be the case if it were described by
> a differential equation having a unique solution to the boundary value
> problem. It does imply a deterministic universe.
> There are many such equations - eg the wave equation.
> How does this fit in with the stochastic nature of qunatum mechanics?
> Or does the holographic principle apply to a spatial region of the
> Multiverse (which is deterministic)?
> Cheers

The complete holographic equivalence suggests that the stochastic
nature of quantum mechanics should also be reflected by the conditions
and laws on the boundary. Anyway, my conjecture states that
holographic-like principles may apply to the multiverse, or rather to
the "multi-object", a space made of (every) object(s) of comparable
complexity. I have quietly called it "our universe".

Whether they really apply completely, or how under these conditions
the holographic symmetry is broken, is an open question. I need to
understand what happens at the boarder, where two kinds of physical
space meet. Are the boarder regions black hole walls?

To post to this group, send email to