Le 17-mars-06, à 00:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

> The argument does not show the "the
> physical universe" can only emerge on an infinity of "overlapping
> computations", as such. It might show this given a series of
> assumptions-- that we are nothing but hardwareless computations,
> that the "physical universe" is a solipsistic illusion, and so on.

This means you miss the point. The only assumption is "comp" by which I
mean the "yes doctor" hypothesis together with Church's thesis and a
minimal amount of arithmetical realism (AR: just the idea that
elementary arithmetical truth is independent of me, you ...This is
different from AR+ which says that only numbers exists).
The assumptions you are mentioning are part of the consequences. We can
try later to isolate the precise step where you think I make those
assumptions. I agree the UDA is not so simple: I introduce
supplementary hypotheses to make the argument simple and modular, and
then, later on, I eliminate those supplementary assumptions.