--- Georges Quenot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John M a écrit :
> >
> > to more recent posts:
> >
> > 1. do we have a REAL argument against solipsism?
>
> I am not sure to understand what you mean by "REAL"
> here....SKIP...
 Arguments are just arguments.
(See my post to Bruno: I don't hold Wittgenstein
higher than Bruno.)

> > 2. Is reasonable or rational thinking exclusive
> for
> > ONLY those, who live in a 'numbers' obsession?
>
> Certainly not. I am not sure that "reasonable or
> rational
> thinking" is something very well defined either.

Try the opposite: unreasonable and irrational, then
you may have an idea what I aimed at.

> On my side, I often mention that I am considering
and
> presenting
> *conjectures* or *speculations*. I do not require
> anybody
> to believe them or even to find sense in them (I
> find sense
> in them but I am not sure I need to believe them
> anyway).

We agree.

> > or is it an elitist heaughtiness to look down to
> all,
> > who do not share such obsession? How about vice
> versa?
>
> I certainly do not think that my way of thinking or
> of seeing/understanding things is superior ...

Don't be a sourpus, I swas not attacking YOU.

> > 3. Suppose the 'numbers based' worldview gains
> > universal approval (by ~3006?)
>
> I would say "nope". Even by 3006. And I don't worry
> at
> all about that.
>
> > -what will that help in the betterment of the
> world?
>
> I don't know. In case it would not, are you
> suggesting we'd
> better refrain using our freedom of thinking and
> freedom of
> expression when it comes to such speculations? (that
> must be
> what I meant when I mentionned that a few people are
> likely to consider such way of thinking
asdangerous).

> > or even in the betterment of human thinking?
>
> I can't figure on which groud one could say that
> some human thinking would be better than another.
>
> > Or even of more civil general life- conditions?
>
> Again I don't know and again, in case it would not,
> are you
> suggesting we'd better refrain using our freedom of
> thinking
> and freedom of expression when it comes to such
> speculations?

By George! (not Georges) don't you imply such things
into my mind after my decade under nazis and two under
commis, now 3+ in the (hypocritical) US 'free' speach!

> Georges.

John