> Since I don't adopt the premise that everything is
> mathematical,

I would like to clarify just that point. I understood that
you do not adopt it (and whatever your reasons I have to
respect the fact). By the way I am not sure I really :-)
adopt it either.

But can you make a difference between adopting it and
being able to consider that it might make sense (whether
it is true or not) and conduct (or follow) reflections
in a context in which it would be conjectured as true?

> [...] Maps are isomorphic to
> territories, but are not territories.

Well. Territories *are* maps. Just a very specific type
of map but maps anyway. Identity is just an isomorphism
among possibly many others. The territory can be the map
and indeed vice versa.