[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Errmm..but if the universe is the set of all real
> things, then they all share the "property" of realness.
> Perhaps you mean: what is the difference between real
> things and unreal things? Well, the difference is that
> real things have properties and unreal things don't.
> Thus existence is not an ordinary propery, but what
> follows from the existence of any other property.

This doesn't help much though because "property" is no better defined than
"real".  Does 7 have the property of being prime?  Does that make 7 "real"?  If
definitions are to identify what is "real" then I think they need to be
grounded
ostensively or operationally - logic can only impose consistency on concepts;
it
can't create things out of words.

Brent Meeker