Georges Quénot wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Georges Quenot wrote:
> >> Your duplicate will know. Not You. And he will no longer
> >> be your duplicate.
> >
> > I am, conventionally, the same person as my previous selves.
> > I have their memories.
>
> No. You may have lost some of them, acquired some new
> ones and still share most of them (if the previous self
> you consider is not too far in the past). In some sense,
> you are the same person and in some sense you are a
> different person.
>
> > My duplicate will have my memories.
>
> Your duplicate will have the same memories as you. This
> is not the same thing. Once your duplicate experience
> something different of what you do, his acquired (and
> possibly his lost) memories will differ from yours. He
> will still share most of your previous common memories
> but he will not know your new ones and you will not
> know his new ones. If he evenutally encoutered Harry
> Potter and you do not, whatever memories you shared
> before, you will not share these ones.

But he could be writing this posting this message
instead of me? Why isn't he ? Because his HP universe
is isolated from your universe ? What keeps it isolated.?

> > Or are you saying that I am not the same person as my
> > previous selves ?
>
> As I said above, in some sense, you are the same person
> and in some sense you are a different person. I feel I
> am the same person as I was 25 years ago and meanwhile
> I also feel very different. Maybe you also experienced
> something similar.

If I am the same person as my previous selves, presumably
I am the same person as my counterparts. So Mathematical
Monism *does* predict that I will witness HP universes -- in
 a broad sense of "I".