Hi,

Le Samedi 25 Mars 2006 00:27, Brent Meeker a écrit :
> Quentin Anciaux wrote:
> >>
> >>Physically MW theories are inherently more constrained than
> >>mathematical
> >>MW theories. You are not going to get water flowing uphill in a
> >>physical MW
> >>theory, because it contradicts the consevation of energy.
> >
> > Quantum theory predict that there is a very tiny chance that a broken cup
> > of coffee restructured itself... yet in everett mw theory as all choices
> > are made, there exists branches where this happen all the time. Yet as
> > I'll quote you "it is not observed"... but that does not mean anything
> > against everett mw.
>
> It doesn't mean much against Everett because Everett predicts extremely
> small probabilities for such events

yes that's what I explain (I think), but even very very small probabilities
lead in many worlds to the existence of a very very tiny number of branches
where these weird events happen *all the time*.

> and so effectively predicts they will
> not be seen. Whether is counts against everything-exists theories depends
> on the probability measure over such theories - a frequent topic of
> discussion on this list.
>
> Brent Meeker

I believe in relative measure and I think this is a key to resolve HP
universes "problem" (I quote problem because I don't see why it is one after
all).

Regards,
Quentin Anciaux