Le 24-mars-06, à 19:36, 1Z a écrit :

> Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>> Le Vendredi 24 Mars 2006 16:40, 1Z a écrit :
>>> No, I am not *spatially** inside a universe, becaue space is
>>> physics,.
>>> not maths ! The number 2 that features in the set {1,2,3} is exactly
>>> the same as the number 2 in the set {2,3,4}. It has no way of knowing
>>> which
>>> set it is in! Mathematical sets are **not** spatial regions! You are
>>> thinking
>>> about maths in a physical way, not in a mathematical way!
>>>

>> You're playing with the language... I'll try to make another mail
>> longer to
>> explain what I mean. Please just recall that I said that "You (at
>> time t) is
>> part of the *infinite* set of computations which goes throught your
>> state at
>> that time". That means Yes *2* cannot distinguish in which set... So
>> for two
>> times now you try to put word in my mouth which aren't.
>
> That only makes the issue of my not experiencing HP universes worse...

Sure. It is because you are lead to the whiote rabbit problem. But it
is not because a problem appears to be "worse" that the problem does
not admit a solution, and you are free to study the one I derived from
few assumptions (comp, which is just "yes doctor" + church thesis +
arithmetical realism. The "yes doctor" can then be eliminated through
the listening of the discourse made by self-referentially correct
universal machine.