Le 13-avr.-06, à 22:34, Tom Caylor a écrit :

> Bruno,
>
> I have a couple of random thoughts, but I hope they are not too
> incoherent (decoherent?) for someone to understand and see if it leads
> anywhere.
>
> First, it seems that the comp distinction between 1st and 3rd person
> point-of-view can be expressed roughly as OR vs. AND respectively.  In
> other words, from the 1st person pov, I am either in one history OR the
> other (say Moscow or Washington).  From the 3rd person pov, someone is
> both in one history AND the other history at the same time (perhaps
> like quantum superposition?).

You are right.

> Now roughly when we OR independent
> probabilities we use ADDITION, and when we AND them we use
> MULTIPLICATION.

Composition of classical probabilities. But the way you compose
probability with comp is still an open problem. Given that the quantum
probabilities are first person plural (we share histories by
entanglement/interactions) and that this can be generalized  with comp
when we  duplicate entire population of individuals (inside each
population we get an apparent testable and thus third person notion of
indeterminacy) we can expect interference and entanglement already with
comp. Why waves? I think half the solution comes from logic, and half
comes from numbers.

> This rings a bell with Godel's sufficiently rich set
> of axioms.  It similarly rings a bell with the prime numbers.  Could
> there be a connection here through this means?

I wish!  And as I said, an heuristic for this is that the
incompleteness phenomena emerges really from the impossible "complete"
marriage of addition and multiplication, which I think could be well
represented by the primes' distribution.

Apparently Riemann Hypothesis is true iff the zeta function can
simulate itself (like any UD). I got some argument from logic, but
apparently the result is known by number theorist. In that case Zeta
could go through the emulation of a universal *quantum dovetailer*
through some vertical shifting on a vertical line in the critical
strip. Through zeta(s + 1/4 +it) probably, by Voronin's theorem.
Everett's Universal function could live there. The zero of zeta would
describe the spectra of some "universal observation".
At some abstract level, matter would be the exponentiation, and mind
would be the logarithm, in some complex algebra. The logarithm
simplifies matter, locally. It helps to manage multiplication through
addition, and makes the impossible marriage locally more smooth.

> Secondly, conversely to your thoughts, perhaps given the above
> connection to help out, could the proof of the Riemann Hypothesis
> supply the elimination of white rabbits from comp?

And then, well, yes, it could. And from Zeta's behavior,  a whole "many
world" interpretation of number theory, through a wavy approach to
numbers (like Ramanujan's one) would be possible.
Primes could even plausibly justified some single universe selection
(if they are perverse enough ?!?!)