Le 09-août-06, à 21:00, Norman Samish wrote (to Colin):

> Thank you, Colin Hales.  I believe your remarks apply to any theory.
> Theories are descriptions of what we think reality may be - they are
> not reality.

You cannot be sure of that either. Perhaps some theory *can* be exact,
and then as David Deutsch put it, in any case, we need to take our
theory seriously enough so that we are able to find them wrong, in case
they are wrong (and refutable).
Note also that if you say "yes" to a doctor, it is not a theory nor a
model of your brain that he will put in your skull, but "you" (assuming
comp and assuming the doctor is lucky enough through his/her choice of
substitution level).