Le 21-août-06, à 13:34, 1Z a écrit :

> If Plato's heaven doesn't exist, I can't be in it.

I can hardly not agree with that.

> If numbers do not explain my existence -- explaining
> how a strucuture like a physial world would emerge from
> a UD if a UD existed does not explain my *existence* --
> then something else does, such  as matter.

1) I don't think think so at all. Even if numbers cannot explain your
existence, it does not follows that matter can explain it, nor God, nor
anything else a priori. Actually, assuming the comp hyp., the UDA shows
precisely why a notion of primitive matter cannot explain the mind.

2) Numbers, and the UD, by existing just in the usual sense of realist
mathematicians (like in statements similar to "it exists a perfect
number")  explains completely your (correct, non illusory)  *feeling*
of existence, including both the sharable part of it (quanta) and the
unsharable part of it (the qualia).

3) ... and all this in a testable way, given that comp makes precise
predictions.

Let me simplify to be clearer. The TOE has made progress:

1) Copenhagen TOE:

      -Numbers
      -Wave equation
      -Unintelligible mind theory (collapse)

2) Everett TOE:

    -Wave equation
    -Comp

3) your servitor:

     -Comp

All what I say is that if comp is true, then

   1) by UDA, we have to derive the wave  equation (UDA explains why we
have to)
   2) by the arithmetical UDA, we know at least one way how to retrieve
it (by the interview of a UTM)