Le 21-août-06, à 13:34, 1Z a écrit :
> If Plato's heaven doesn't exist, I can't be in it.
I can hardly not agree with that.
> If numbers do not explain my existence -- explaining
> how a strucuture like a physial world would emerge from
> a UD if a UD existed does not explain my *existence* --
> then something else does, such as matter.
1) I don't think think so at all. Even if numbers cannot explain your
existence, it does not follows that matter can explain it, nor God, nor
anything else a priori. Actually, assuming the comp hyp., the UDA shows
precisely why a notion of primitive matter cannot explain the mind.
2) Numbers, and the UD, by existing just in the usual sense of realist
mathematicians (like in statements similar to "it exists a perfect
number") explains completely your (correct, non illusory) *feeling*
of existence, including both the sharable part of it (quanta) and the
unsharable part of it (the qualia).
3) ... and all this in a testable way, given that comp makes precise
Let me simplify to be clearer. The TOE has made progress:
1) Copenhagen TOE:
-Unintelligible mind theory (collapse)
2) Everett TOE:
3) your servitor:
All what I say is that if comp is true, then
1) by UDA, we have to derive the wave equation (UDA explains why we
2) by the arithmetical UDA, we know at least one way how to retrieve
it (by the interview of a UTM)
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at