Hi Stephen,

Le 28-août-06, à 04:31, Stephen Paul King a écrit :

> Hi Folks,
>
>     I have been reading Bruno's wonderful Elsavier paper

Thanks for saying so.

> and have been
> wondering about this notion of a "Uncertainty measure". Does not the
> existence of such a measure demand the existence of a breaking of the
> perfect symmetry that is obvious in a situation when all possible
> outcomes
> are equally likely?

In both comp and the quantum, a case can be made that the
irreversibility of memory (coming from usual thermodynamics, or big
number law) can explain, through physical or comp-physical
interactions, the first person feeling of irreversibility.
But with comp we do start from a basic "irreversibility": 0 has a
successor but no predecessors. And we do get physical symmetries
(perhaps not enough: open problem), and then we get a temporal logic
directly from the theaetetical definition of the first person (the
knower).

>     Consider an infinite Hilbert space and a normed state vector on
> it. What
> is the analogue of a "sense of direction"?

I don't understand.

Best regards,