Yeah! I actually believe this is more fundamental to the whole process of
creativity.... I have a saying (the only one I have ever coined!):

"Insight is the serendipity born of the failure to make a mistake"

i.e. ready fire (shite!...missed)... then aim. Eventually you hit the
bullseye by failing to miss everything that is not the bullseye....
voila!....an answer...

btw...I'm thinking of writing a short paper on the long overdue death of the
solipsism argument and the 'no evidence for subjective experience' dogma....
I'd like to erect a grave-stone here on the everything list! R.I.P.

:-)

cheers,

colin hales