Brent meeker writes:

> Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > Even a real solipsist might eat, sleep, talk to people etc., all under the
> > impression that everything is a
> > construction of his own mind. People willingly suspend disbelief in order
> > to indulge in fiction or computer
> > games, and a solipsist may believe that he is participating in the greatest
> > and most perfect of games. I
> > think that most real solipsists would eventually go mad and start to
> > believe that the game is reality.
>
> And that would make a difference how?
>
> Brent Meeker

It wouldn't make any difference: if solipsism were true, people would behave
exactly as they do behave,
most of them not giving the idea that there is no external world any
consideration at all, the rest deciding
that although it is a theoretical possibility, there is no practical purpose
served by worrying about it. Perhaps
"mad" is not the right word, implying as it does dysfunction, although
sometimes we use the term "happily mad".

Stathis Papaioannou