On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 01:29:54PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> In another post you say:
>

> > What Bruno is now calling the 3rd person point of view I label 1st
> > person plural. Bruno is now distinguishing several different types of
> > 1st
> > person plural viewpoints.
> >
> > I believe I took an accurate snapshot of the terminological usage at
> > the time I wrote the book, but terminology in this field does have a
> > habit of moving on (and so it should).
>
> I don't think I have ever change the nomenclature. (my fault if I have
> not been enough clear). Although G is the logic of self-reference I

No, I'm sure you never changed your nomenclature, but certainly there
is or least was some confusion. This was probably why I had difficulty with you
saying G/G* was 3rd person at the time - we had different
understandings of the terms.

My point of the post was simply to alert people to the fact that this
confusion did exist, and that care needs to be taken in interpreting
past writings. Hopefully moving forward we can eliminate contradictory
terminology...

Mathematics