Le 29-nov.-06, à 06:33, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

<snip>

> We can assume that the structural difference makes a difference to
> consciousness but
> not external behaviour. For example, it may cause spectrum reversal.

Let us suppose you are right. This would mean that there is
substitution level such that the digital copy person would act AS IF
she has been duplicated at the correct level, but having or living a
(1-person) spectrum reversal.

Now what could that mean? Let us interview the copy and ask her the
color of the sky. Having the same external behavior as the original,
she will told us the usual answer: blue (I suppose a sunny day!).

So, apparently she is not 1-aware of that spectrum reversal. This means
that from her 1-person point of view, there was no spectrum reversal,
but obviously there is no 3-description of it either ....

So I am not sure your assertion make sense. I agree that if we take an
incorrect substitution level, the copy could experience a spectrum
reversal, but then the person will complain to her doctor saying
something like "I have not been copied correctly", and will not pay her
doctor bill (but this is a different  external behaviour, ok?)