Pete Carlton writes:

> On Dec 8, 2006, at 7:48 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> > Then I am not sure if this is really related with Quentin Anciaux's
> > idea that he feels located in his head.
> > The idea that we are in our head ... is in our head!
> >

> Another way of saying that, is that we have the urge to utter and
> endorse sentences like "I feel located in my head" - but the
> explanation of this urge is not necessarily "I am located in my head,
> and I want to give an honest report of that".  I'm not convinced that
> there is a "1st person" fact of the matter whether "I" am in W or M.

It's a strange thing, but we're not "really" located anywhere in the physical
universe. We assume, probably correctly, that our consciousness-generating
mechanisms are in our skulls receiving sensory input on the planet Earth, but
we would have just the same experiences if our bodies were telepresence robots
or if we were constructs in an appropriately configured virtual reality. There
is no necessary connection at all between where the information processing
physically occurs and where, from the inside, it seems to occur.

Stathis Papaioannou