Brent, interleaving
John
--- Brent Meeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John M wrote:
> Dear Stathis:
> my answer to your quewstion:
>           Of course not!
> There is a belief systems "I" like and there are
the  others I don't.
> I just maintain a (maybe misplaced?) humbleness
that I am not the judge > to decide about the rightness of "mine" and "not
mine".
best). <G> --------
> Otherwise I would change it as do many converts,
emigrants. divorcees, > or 'elevated minds' coming to some better
position.

Brent:
So why do you consider yours better than others; so
that you don't change?
John:
Are you joking, or you cannot take a joking remark?
(The <G> in internet abbreviations means "grin". Hungarian proverb: even a gipsy praises his own horse)

> The exceptional "best" are those of the
fundamentalist fanatics (for > themselves, of course), they don't even 'look' away. > > I liked your 'trappy' question: I used to be a faithful altar-boy, a > reincarnationist, a Ouiji-board addict, a natural scientist (within the > reductionist science-religion of our times in the west) and I changed > lately into a view of totally interconnected complexity of a > deterministically interactive existence. So I have
experience.
> Am I biased? you bet.

Brent:
When a scientist knows his instrument is biased, he
puts in a correction to remove the bias he knows
about.  You seem to just be making a generalization,
like the scientist who says, "All instruments have
some bias; so this one must too."  Without knowing
anything about the bias, it's just the same as
uncertainty.
John:
So noted. (However: in my feeble English 'bias' means
'~prejudice' and I have yet to learn about prejudicial
instruments. Unless we accept the "conscious
instrument e.g. a thinking yardstick).  I, as a
Loebian machine, may well be prejudicial).

Brent Meeker