Thanks, Russell, 4 Poles may play bridge.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Russell Standish
  Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:19 AM
  Subject: Re: The Meaning of Life

  On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 11:58:58AM -0400, John Mikes wrote:
  > In the sci-fi I wrote in 1988-89 I depicted the 'story' of human evolving as
  > done
  > by an experiment of aliens from another universe, to which I assigned
  > "energy"
  > with 3 (three) poles. One +, one -, and a THIRD one. (Maybe your math could
  > formulate this, but I could not. I accepted it as something beyond our human
  > mind.

  The strong force has 3 "poles". To think about them in a human
  fashion, we name them "red", "green" and "blue", and the theory
  describing the strong force is called "quantum chromodynamics". It
  doesn't seem beyond the human mind at all.

  I dare say if we had a reason to have a theory with four poles,
  someone will come up with a way of thinking about these too.

  UNSW SYDNEY 2052                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:27 AM

To post to this group, send email to