*Not necessarily. If you draw a diagonal on a square on a computer screen,
it will be made up of a discrete number of pixels despite what Pythagoras'
theorem calculates. Irrational in the real world may just be an illusion.*
I was trying to mark a distance in real world which is irrational according
to a rational unit(Width of pixels), and for such diagonal the distance is
an irrational number, although it might be made up of rational numbers of
another irrational unit (diagonal pixels)
I mean there's some irrational distance out there!

--

Mohsen Ravanbakhsh.