Le 09-mai-07, à 09:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

> Of course reality doesn't change.  The question of map versus
> territory is *not* an all or nothing
> question.  *sometimes* the map equals the territory.  Most of the time
> it does not.

This is an important point where I agree with Marc. With or without
comp the necessity of distinguishing the map and the territory cannot
be uniform, there are "meaning"-fixed-point, like when a map is
embedded continuously in the territory (assuming some topology in the
map and in the territory, this follows by a fixed point theorem by
Brouwer, which today admits many interesting computational