Hello

The time has come again when I need to seek advice from the everything-list
and its contributors.

Penrose I believe has argued that the inability to algorithmically solve the
halting problem but the ability of humans, or at least Kurt Godel, to
understand that formal systems are incomplete together demonstrate that
human reason is not algorithmic in nature - and therefore that the AI
project is fundamentally flawed.

What is the general consensus here on that score. I know that there are many
perspectives here including those who agree with Penrose. Are there any
decent threads I could look at that deal with this issue?

All the best

Chris.