Bruno, I will "Wiki" the Church thesis - now it is too hot around here.
Besides: your "slip" is showing (if you know this US-expression):
"...the most universal physics capable of being conceived."
Physix is a human figment, as we try to exokain (and conceive?) certain
partially observed phenomena with the little epistemy wi so far got.
And: "conceive"  is  the way we (humans) try to get close to 'reality'.
Whatever you CAN say is said by YOU (a human) and we really have access only
to marginal (and misunderstood?) paraphernalia.
I was hit on the head in J.Cohen-J.Stewart's "Collapse of Chaos" by the
"Zarathustrans" how those two witty authors attempted to produce
"not-so-human" logic (interpreted still to humans). (If you missed so far
(this and their "Figment of Reality") rush to read it in your leisure time.
Iti s more entertaining than Harry Potter or Star trek.)
This is why I find it a universe-restricted attempt to send out into space
some math formulations as introducing our 'intelligent' status. Quite other
systems (universes?) may not follow it and have different 'logical' bases.
Would be tricky to find such different systems in THIS universe as well.
I would accept every word you say with the proviso: "In our human view"
John