On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:08:18PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Thanks Russell. Note that paying is not a problem for me, as far as the
> translation is professionnal. Some attempts have been made by willing
> amateurs, and despite I appreciate the effort, I have not been
> satisfied with the result, so I don't want to push anybody on this.

I would suggest tackling a chapter at a time - that way you can see
early on whether this will work.  Do you have a word count already?
The work I do for Online English typically might take me 1-2 hours for
a 5000 word paper. I would guess your thesis would have to be at least
100,000 words, wouldn't it.

> We can think about it. Also, I would at least try to submit such a
> translation to some well known publisher (Reidel, World Scientific,
> Springer ...) before.

Absolutely. Its fun to build up a collection of rejection letters. And
you never know, you might win the lottery that the mainstream
publishing system is these days.