1) looks better because there is no unambiguous definition of "next".
However, I don't understand the "shared by everyone" part. Different
persons are different programs who cannot exactly represent the
"observer moment" of me.

As I see it, an observer moment is a snapshot of the universe taken by
my brain. The brain simulates a virtual world based on information from
the real world. We don't really experience the real world, we just
experience this simulated world. Observer moments for observers should
refer to the physical states of the virtual world they live in. Since
different observers live in different universes which have different
laws of physics, these physical states (= qualia) cannot be compared to
each other.

We can only talk about an absolute measure for programs (simulated by
other programs or not)...