Hi,

maybe of interest to some of you,
Gerard 't Hooft is giving a special talk
"The Quantum General Relativity and Determinism"
November 2, 2007,  10 o'clock, HU-Berlin
Erwin-Schrödinger-Zentrum.

"... We propose to search for a deterministic theory
underlying both General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.
The mathematics of Quantum Mechanics appears to allow for
this; there are intriguing possibilities, as explained in
the lecture."

I got this from the following (German) website:
http://www.raumzeitmaterie.de/veranstaltungen.php?evt=select&sqn=2629

By the way, he also gives a lecture about Black Holes
on Thursday.

Cheers,
Andy