Le 06-mars-08, à 21:55, Russell Standish a écrit :

> On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 08:20:52AM -0800, Brian Tenneson wrote:
>>
>> I would appreciate that the trolling of my thread stop.  Please take
>> your interesting but not obliviously (to me) related discussion to a
>> different thread.  Thanks.
>>

> Trolling! Bruno is not trolling.

Thanks to you Russell, and thanks to Günther, Kim, Quentin for noticing
that I was not trolling. I was just replying.

> Whilst we all have some difficulties
> fully comprehending his results,

I have to come back on this some day, because I try to classify the
difficulties. For example, there are people who does not understand the
notion of 1-person indeterminacy, pretending for example, that they are
in both Washington and Moscow after the usual self-duplication, like
Chalmers.  Actually they have a problem with the notion of first
person/third person. They have problem with Everett too, and with the
whole of "philosophy of mind" issues. They have problem with the type
of discussion we have in this list, for sure.

But then there are those who do not understand the mathematical logic,
or point in theoretical computer science, but this means they have to
work ...

Well I say this because you say "we all". Surely every one can find
some more difficult point ...

Also, Russell, I feel a bit guilty because years ago you find a sort of
real problem in the "movie graph argument" which is so interestingly
relevant that I have never been able to finish my reply...
Unfortunately it is currently a bit out-of-topic. I will come back on
this when I will put my mind again in the movie-graph-Olympia issue.
This is really (imo) conceptually difficult ... I am not yet entirely
satisfied by my own argumentation ...

> what he has to say is very
> interesting, and highly pertinent to the relationship between physics
> and mathematics.

Thanks for saying. And sorry for Brian. I think all threads are
related, but people replies from their own theory/prejudice. If someone
is not sastified with an answer, he has to just say "you did not answer
my question, let me perhaps rephrase it more succinctly ...", or
something like that, (or ask somewhere else, of course).

(Also the web group archive is not always simple to follow, sometimes
you have to remember your password in the middle of a post reading, you
stop daring to click or just touch your mouse ... I prefer the Nabble
archive where posts are more easily individuated).

Now, I do sincerely think my reply (to dzone actually) *has* a bearing
with Brian's post or Tegmark's work.