----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Standish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: Malcom/Standish white rabbit solution

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 09:27:50PM +0100, Alastair Malcolm wrote:
>> >
>> > I use universe and history, or OM-sequence almost synonymously. Since
>> > it was I who made the comment, it is what I meant. I think your method
>> > can only work if the sequence of OMs observed by an observer is
>> > describable as the outcome of some deterministic, or near
>> > deterministic law.
>>
>> Yes, but it's not a local law: the point is that the minimum
>> specification
>> is whatever minimally specifies a normal OM (including what constitutes
>> it
>> etc). The presumption is that this will be something like a TOE, which
>> will
>> likely incorporate some compressed version of mwi, and so would lead to
>> apparent indeterministic qm at the physical universe branch level
>> (considered as OM sequences if you wish).
>>

> I think you're still missing the point of the UDA. An ensemble like
> the all strings ensemble (or UD*) necessarily predicts a predominence
> of OMs of high measure that are the consistent continuation of the OM
> we experience now.

I don't use the UDA as far as I can see - for me, there is high-measure
continuance of OM's physically compatible with the one I have now because I
am in a physical universe, and this universe (quite likely as part of a
multiverse) is one of the simplest compatible with the presence of SAS's
(hence having high measure by the minimum specification argument).

(Perhaps I shouldn't have let the following pass uncommented upon: