Reminds me of a quote by Aliester Crowley:

> Psychiatrist:   "Look--how do you know you're God?"
> O'Toole: "Well, every time I pray, I find that I'm talking to myself."
>         --- Peter O'Toole in "The Ruling Class"
>
> Brent Meeker

>From Magick by Aliester Crowley:
"I am a God, I very God of very God; I go upon my way to work my will;
I have made matter and motion for my mirror; I have decreed for my
delight that Nothingness should figure itself as twain, that I might
dream a dance of names and natures, and enjoy the substance of
simplicity by watching the wanderings of my shadows. I am not that
which is not; I know which knows not; I love that which loves not. For
I am Love, whereby division dies in delight; I am Knowledge, whereby
all parts, plunged in the whole, perish and pass into perfection; and
I am that I am, the being wherein Being is lost in Nothing, nor deigns
to be but its Will to unfold its nature, its need to express its
perfection in all possibilities, each phase a partial phantasm, and
yet inevitable and absolute.

"I am Omniscient, for naught exists for me unless I know it. I am
Omnipotent, for naught occurs save by Necessity my soul's expression
through my will to be, to do, to suffer the symbols of itself. I am
Omnipresent, for naught exists where I am not, who fashioned space as
a condition of my consciousness myself, who am the center of all, and
my circumference the frame of my fancy.