On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:47:39PM -0700, Brent Meeker wrote:

> Do the contents of memory consist of what is presently being remembered in
> an OM, or does it refer to what might be remembered at some other time, or
> to the set of all things remember in all OMs?
>
> Brent Meeker

I think this is an interesting question in itself. I would be tempted
to answer this along the lines of the self/other distinction, memories
that are "self" count towards the OM, whereas "other memories" (ie
what is available for measurement in the environment) do not, but
allow for OMs to transition into successor OMs on measurement.

But quite possibly the answer is "that depends" - on the question
being asked, the thought experiment proposed and so on - ah shut up and
calculate he says....